Can my child still apply for Geraldton Senior High School if we live outside of the school’s local intake area?

Yes, you can still apply however local area applications are processed first and applications from those who reside outside of that area will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Is there a certain date that enrolments close at Geraldton Senior High School?

The Department of Education specifies that all enrolments for Year 7 students should be received by the first Friday of Term 3 for planning purposes. Applications for all other year levels is ongoing and all applications will be assessed by a case-by-case basis.

Does my child have to complete an interview with Geraldton Senior High School before enrolling?

All students who are enrolling for Year 8 to 12, and Year 7 students enrolling after the start of the school year, are required to meet with one of our Deputy Principals prior to starting at Geraldton Senior High School. This enables the school to create a timetable that is best matched to the needs of the student, discuss the school’s expectations and enable the student to meet some of the school staff before their first day.

Do I need to come into the school to collect an enrolment form?

You can collect an enrolment form from the Front Office or download the forms from our website in the enrolment section.

Where can I go to purchase the school uniform?

Geraldton Senior High School uniforms can be purchased from local supplier, Total Uniforms.

Total Uniforms, 2B Jensen Street, Geraldton (Just off the North West Coastal Highway)

We do not have a second-hand uniform shop however, sometimes they are advertised on Facebook for sale from previous students or their families.?  Geraldton Senior High School does manage a facebook group that current families can access for selling and buying of second-hand uniforms.  Please ask our reception for further details, or email geraldton.shs@education.wa.edu.au

What kind of financial assistance is available?

We are also happy to assist parents who are experiencing financial hardship and we can discuss information on the Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS) and ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance. These two allowances are available for application once school commences in Term 1 of each year and must be completed during this term.

It is important to note that the SAS and ABSTUDY Applications close at the end of Term 1 each year

Please call our Finance Officer on 9965 8407 for further information or assistance.